Sunshine or Cloudshine?

Friday, December 8, 2006

SunShine

What is sunshine to you ? Are you aware of it? Does it effect you?

"If we keep our face to the sunshine we cannot see the shadow. " - Helen Keller

"Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy."- John Denver

"...For He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." - Jesus Christ, Son of God

Of course, sunshine effects us all. But we may not be aware of it's influence. And no, I don't mean just the current common usage of S.A.D. (the seasonal disorder). Nor do I mean a tree-hugger's idea of nature's resources and our effect on them . I speak only of the wonderful gift and blessing given us by a great big God who designed our world. And did it with us and our comfort in mind. Just stop for one minute and imagine our life with out sun... That would effect us.

I never want to take the sun for granted. This gift, or the Giver.

I love sunshine. I love God.

Many times we hear trite references of the "sun" and the "Son"...but I don't want to do that. I do sincerely see many, many wonderful word pictures and thought processes when my heart bathes in the warm light of His love.

Pause a moment in the sun -how does it effect you?
Pause a moment in His light -how does He effect you?
Pause a moment in reflection - how do WE effect others?

No comments:

Blog Archive