Sunshine or Cloudshine?

Friday, January 19, 2007

Looking Back


A very similar picture to my view on New Year's morning. I always think of love when I see the moon. No, not as lovers do... but as a gift from a loving heavenly Father. He gave us the moon and he probably didn't have to. At least it doesn't play as important part in our existence as the sun does. ( I do acknowledge its relationship to the tides and the seasons. I know all that.) My point in this pointless rambling is just to say that every time I look at the moon my heart says- "Thank you. I love you, too. " It seems such a gentle reminder of God and his watch care over us. Day and night. And it is so easy to watch the moon as it travels over our little world. No sunglasses needed. Just enjoy. And to be sure, the many times I remember my earthly father staying up all hours of the night watching an eclipse with a teenager writing a report, makes the moon a special treat also. So as the New Year came in and I saw the beautiful moon...I felt God's loving care in my life and said a prayer of thankfulness.
And then as I read another blog on New Year's Day, I saw a really spectacular picture of the moon and wanted others to share it also. And for some really cool moon info check out the monthly names of the moon on this great blog on 01-02-07. Actually I was just thrilled to see someone else comment on one of my favorite things in this world God has made for us!
He gave me the moon ! And I love Him for it !

No comments:

Blog Archive