Sunshine or Cloudshine?

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

When God Paints VII

I have always been a prairie person. (I can't say 'girl'...I would have to say 'old lady', and my computer just won't type those words!) I love the wide open spaces and feeling the wind rushing past. And yet, just for a little while, I would like to experience mountain life. To look up at such grandeur, and let the stability of a scene like this permeate my spirit... yes, I think I could give up the prairie for a little while. Even loving a river's white rush as I do, I could reflect in the peaceful calm of a mountain lake.
Stability and peace. Two very rare and precious commodities in the restless whirl of our busy lives. Schedules change, disruptions come. And we keep on going. How do we maintain the peace and stability in our souls? By focusing on the maker of the mountains. Knowing His peace which passes all understanding. By taking a moment to step out of the rush into His presence.

1 comment:

. said...

I love to VISIT the mountains, but give me a home where the wind comes sweeping down the plains. :)

Blog Archive